Thursday, June 11, 2015

Doing Their Job

As can be inferred from my silence of the past eleven days, I've been swamped at work and exhausted at home.

Last night I almost had a meltdown. I was sitting on the floor with my back against the dishwasher, finishing off my bedtime snack. The cats like it when I'm on the floor with them and Thimble was at my side, as usual.

Apricot came in and wanted petted, so, as I was finished, I scooped him up and held him against me, nuzzling the top of his head. At this point I almost burst into tears ...

But Colby came and lay down under my knees on the floor, sticking out both sides, apparently willing to stay there as long as I was willing to sit with my knees bent. Thimble, although fascinated by something behind the trashcan, was also right next to me, his back and side pressed against me. And Apricot was purring reassuringly, rumbling against my chest.

... they make good therapy cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment