Sunday, February 2, 2014

Introduction to My Blog

A friend recently told me I should blog the stories I tell about my cats. So here it is. I'm planning to post stories recent and old about the cats in my life. Most of the stories will be about the cats I've belonged to, but some cats who my friends belong to might sneak in as well.

Things have changed since I wrote the original post (which you will find at the bottom of this rambling section). The blog is still about my cats, but it's also about my autism and how that, the cats, and my life all intersect and become complicated. And about the various mental issues I have developed that stem from being autistic in a rigid, neurotypical world.

(original post) The title of my blog is about my cats. First there came Pizza. He was a black and brown tabby. He lived with me from my preteen years into my twenties. He took care of me emotionally and watched over me during some tough times. Thus he is my Guardian. I don't have his photos uploaded to my computer. He only got pictures taken with an actual film camera.



Pippin went everywhere with me.
Pippin was a red tabby Maine Coon. He was my best friend. That probably says something uncomplementary about my relationships with other humans, but it isn't meant to. Pippin really was my best friend. He was autistic (yes, cats can be autistic too) and very unusual. He passed away Sept 27, 2013, and I miss him so very much.


Max sleeping like a kitten
Yet the house was lonely, and so I went to a shelter and adopted Curiosity Max. Max is a gray Norwegian Forest mix, and boy is he ever. He is a little over a year old, and quite the polar opposite from Pippin. He's been a handful to get used to. He is oddly colored. Despite the photo that clearly shows he's tabby underneath, he's a solid gray on top. 

Enough introduction. On to the stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment