Saturday, November 28, 2015

Apricot's Wet Head

One day, a few weeks ago, I walked by the middle of the room living room cat tree where Apricot was hanging out, and casually petted him.

His head was wet.

It was dark. I couldn't see why his head was wet, but, since I'm me, my mind went instantly to a bad place. I sniffed my hand. It didn't smell coppery, like blood.

I then turned the lights on and examined him. He was fine, although a little baffled by the sudden attention including lights. Just, his head was wet. Apparently, with water.

Now when Colby drinks out of the water fountain, he often gets his neck ruff wet. But I couldn't figure out how Apricot got the top of his head wet while drinking from the fountain. Their other water dishes are just normal cat water dishes, with non-moving water. He would have had to stand on his head practically to get his head wet there.

It took a few more days of paying extra attention to what he was doing before I caught him in the act.

He's been drinking from the very small puddle at the base of the bath-tub where it drains out. Some of it collects. Because the faucet is dripping. And when he drinks from the puddle, the faucet drips on his head.

I guess I have to call a plumber. Apricot won't thank me for removing his new watering hole, I'm sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment