Sunday, November 13, 2016

There is a Jacket, and Life is Good

It's getting cold, and I wanted a tighter jacket to go underneath the bigger jackets when I walked, so the cold air couldn't sneak up the bottom of the jacket stack and make me cold underneath. As finances are a little tight, I was quite pleased to find exactly what I was looking for at a big box store for $10. (Actually, they didn't have my size. So I ordered it off their website in my size and picked it up the next weekend! So very cool. I love technology.)

Now, whenever I bring home new clothes, unless they're really nice (which I don't usually buy), I put them on the floor so the cats can investigate to their collective heart's content. It makes them happy, and it makes me happy because then when I do wear the shirt or whatever, I don't have cats all over saying, "now hold on a sec, that smells funny. I said, stay put!"

This jacket was a bigger hit than most. When I put it on the floor, it was zipped up. And Thimble, my adorable, silly long-haired cat who loves to burrow into clothes, quilts, sheets, rugs, etc, thought this was awesome! A burrow place just his size.
He went in through the bottom of the jacket.

There was a pause to evaluate, during which Colby showed up and was puzzled.

Colby is still puzzled but, like most cats, pretending it doesn't bother him at the moment.
The Thimble tail is still sticking out of the jacket.

Then Thimble turned around inside the jacket so he could see out. This attracted Colby's attention again.

It also attracted Apricot's attention. He took the opportunity to lick Thimble's head without Thimble able to return the favor. Thimble wasn't all that pleased but he put up with it.

He's quite pleased with the jacket.

One more thing to try: he turned around again and came out the other end, the proper way for a head to be in a jacket.

The next day found Colby trying it out.

Colby doesn't burrow. He liked the jacket to sit on.
In the end, I have had to leave the jacket on the floor for the time being. When I want to wear it, I pick it up and put it on, much to everyone's fascination.

Luckily, the surface of the coat isn't fuzzy so it doesn't pick up cat hair. (The non-fuzzy was deliberate: the dry air of winter makes static electricity. Dry air mixed with a fuzzy jacket made me get shocked a lot. I was tired of it.)

And so far, Apricot hasn't really sat on it (or in it) at all. This seems to be strictly a Maine Coon jacket!

No comments:

Post a Comment