Sunday, June 4, 2017

Thimble is Maturing


My exercise bike is in the tv room with the couch. While I exercise, Thimble usually hangs out on the back of the couch. It's covered in a lavendar blanket much the same color as the walls, but I believe you can still tell what he's on in the photo above.

Anyway, I turn the ceiling fan on high while I exercise for the obvious reasons of me getting hot, and the fan creates a breeze.

Above Thimble you'll notice the bottom of a decorative hand-fan that I have on the wall. (It does actually work if you take it off the wall, but it's delicate and beautiful so I use it as decoration instead.) The breeze makes it move a little.

Yesterday, Thimble noticed. He'd never noticed it before. It was twitching. It was irresistible! He got up and went to grab it.

I sighed and made an "uh uh uh!" (tones going up) sound, which is my way of saying no, don't do that, while I reach for the squirt bottle. Because always before, my voice is not enough to make a determined kitten leave his "toy" alone.

But this time, the first time ever, Thimble subsided down onto the sofa back, gave the (still twitching) fan a longing look, and then lay down and ignored it. All before I could even reach for the squirt bottle!

Did I praise him? You bet your bunnies I did. I told him what a good boy he was and what an excellent boy he was and so on and so forth.

He curled a paw under and happily went to sleep, secure in the knowledge that I approved of his behavior.

My baby boy's growing up!

No comments:

Post a Comment