Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Thimble and the Shower

As I'm getting ready to take a shower in the bathtub, I'm doing that part where you test the water to make sure you're not going to scald or freeze yourself. One hand is resting on the edge of the tub to support me.

Thimble, who is in the bathroom just kind of being there, reaches up and gives my wrist a tentative lick as if to say, "you don't have to do this, mama--I'll wash you."

"Thanks," I told him, "but there's a whole lot more of me to wash than you're thinking of. I have to do it this way." He knows I hate getting wet.

The shower curtain liner is clear, and rests inside the tub wall; the shower curtain is a winnie-the-pooh theme and is outside the tub wall. Thimble positions himself so he can watch from the other side of the tub, but inside the curtain.

Whatever floats his boat, I suppose.

After the first shampoo and rinse, I have my eyes closed due to not bothering to completely rinse my face. I'm just going to put more shampoo on my hair; I hardly see the point.

I become aware there's a cold draft on my feet. Normally the shower curtain liner has adhered to the side of the tub by now and prevents this from happening. Odd. So I rinse off my eyes and look to see what's going on.

Thimble is sitting inside the tub on the other side of the liner. The liner is protecting him from the shower itself, but he's got to be getting wet from the floor of the tub! He seems to be quite pleased with himself. He's the one causing the draft, as his bulk is preventing the liner from keeping the colder air out.

I laughed and called him a silly cat. He did not dignify this with any sort of response.

This is the way I finished the shower, almost all parts of it. With my giant Maine Coon sitting in the tub with me, watching the water hit the liner and run down it and not being a bit worried about it.

He did decide to leave when I started using the body wash. It has a stronger scent than anything else and given the way he wrinkled his nose and shook his head a bit before he went over the edge to the other side of the tub wall, I gather that was the reason for distancing himself. He still stayed inside the shower curtain itself, and once I rinsed everything off (including the liner) and turned off the shower, he got up on the edge and waited impatiently for me to clean off the tub.

He knows I run a squeegee over the walls and the tub floor, and he was waiting (barely) until I finished. Then he attempted to get back in, on the shower end of the tub, just as the shower head did that thing where it drips the last remaining cup or so of water out of it.

This was not acceptable, so he backed off. After I got out of the tub and finished drying off and was getting dressed, however, he figured the shower head was done being startling and got back in the tub to investigate things.

Silly cat.
Thimble, investigating.

No comments:

Post a Comment