Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Playing with Da Bird (with added clarification)

We've gotten into a kind of routine with Da Bird. Today he even went over to the toy box and looked hopefully at it. (So I quit checking email and got Da Bird out, after asking him if he wanted me to get Da Bird out and getting him to go over to the toy box again and "ask" me).

Then I play with him in the living room, getting him to run round and round in big circles. He runs with a silly looking bounding motion, and I am hard put not to giggle. After a while Da Bird gets bored (generally when Apricot stops running after it and starts waiting in ambush) and goes into other parts of the house and into the corners of the living room.

Apricot likes to pounce on it, pick it up in his mouth, and walk off with it at high speed. He's not running, but I can never keep up and so Da Bird gets pulled out of his mouth whether I like it or not, and the chase is on again.

Today I brought the phone along for the ride, and took pictures trying to get a sense of how Da Bird is played with.
In the living room; Da Bird has gone to hide
on top of the litter box's box. (And now
you know what that looks like)
In the pink room on the rug, having successfully
caught it ... until it gets away again.

Still in the pink room. On the cat tree, reaching for it
as it makes its escape again.

On the bed in the pink room. Da Bird quite
likes to coax him to jump up on the bed.

Gnawing on Da Bird's feathers on
the pink room carpet

In the living room -- finally I got a half-decent shot
of him walking off with it in his mouth!
I must clarify something. Da Bird is what I call it, because it's easier than saying "the Bird Catcher Pro Ex". Unfortunately for me calling it that, Da Bird is actually the name of a different wand toy that you can buy. So if you want one of these that I'm playing with, it's not the one called Da Bird, it's the one called The Bird Catcher Pro Ex.

No comments:

Post a Comment