Sunday, August 3, 2014

New Cat Furniture Part II

August 3rd, Saturday

It was brought to my attention that in my eagerness to photograph Apricot on the new cat trees, I omitted to actually show you the whole tree at once. So today I remedied that error. I was just going to take two pictures, one of each tree, and post them here, but Apricot was wandering about the living room when I went to do it, and so I asked him if he would serve as a model for the living room tree, and patted the tree as I asked.

He came over, jumped up, went to the first cradle, and did a passable job posing for photographs! I was quite surprised. He usually gives me dirty looks when I start holding the phone at him for pictures. (I can hold the phone all I want if I'm playing on it; using it as a camera and he stops doing the cute thing he was doing.)

Posing on the big tree
And after he stopped posing he started being goofy.

By the way, the living room tree is crepe myrtle wood. I don't know what the kitchen tree is.
Leaning off the edge as far as he can.
It didn't help that I tilted the phone
just the slightest bit so it looks
like the tree is dumping him off
Now the one in the kitchen has not been graced with his presence. It's all right; neither has the other one that's been in the kitchen for ages and was a favorite with Pippin and with Max so it has "cat approval" scent all over it. But this means that I had to take a picture of the tree sans cat. I thought about getting one of my stuffed toy cats down and putting it on the tree, but I figured that would look like desperation on my part!
The kitchen tree, sans cat


A closeup of the pattern on it.
And a cute story to round it off with:

Every night I've made it a routine practice to come out to the living room, which is where he normally goes once I start brushing my teeth and doing other last minute getting-ready-to-sleep things, and ask him if he wants his good night kiss, and then (whatever he says) I kiss him gently on top of his head. He likes this as long as my hair is pulled back and doesn't come forward to smack him in the face!

Last night I did this as usual. When I asked him if he wanted his good night kiss, he got up and strolled over to the living room tree and climbed into the second cradle, not the tallest one, which is right at head height for me, perfect for a kiss without leaning over, and presented me with his head for his good night kiss.

Apparently the tree meets with his approval. Which I greatly appreciate since it wasn't cheap!

No comments:

Post a Comment