Thursday, August 7, 2014

Stalking the Bird

August 7, 2014 Thursday 
Lying in wait
He is very good at pretending that he is not stalking the feathers. Often he will almost fool me into thinking he's done chasing the Bird, because he'll lie down all nonchalantly and I've been like this for hours. Only seconds later he'll spring up and go chase again.

I believe he's trying to fool the Bird into thinking he's not after it, not really, so the Bird will be lulled into a false sense of security. 

Consider this: he knows I'm the one controlling the Bird. I've seen him trace the string the Bird hangs from back to me. He knows enough to roll on the string to keep the Bird from getting away. So he is not only pretending that the Bird is real, he's also pretending that it can think and be fooled.

That's pretty advanced thinking for a young cat who hasn't had much experience with anything but desperate survival and living in a cat room in a shelter!

No comments:

Post a Comment