Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Ice Day

Last night it sleeted all night. The cats were all highly suspicious of the sleet tap-tap-tapping on the windows and scratching at the base of the house. I seemed unconcerned but I'm just a human, what do I know of this creature trying to get in from all sides? 

This morning, the ice was so thick that when I went for my morning walk ... or attempted to ... I got only one foot out the door. I had no traction whatsoever. 

So I went back to bed (after letting my boss know that I wouldn't be into work today). Well, I sort of went back to bed. I went back to bed with two kittens, and although we look peaceful in the picture, most of the time was taken up by having to remove my fingers (and occasionally my nose) from Thimble and Colby's attempts to wash them. 
An ice day nap.
 After we got up for the second time, I coaxed Colby up onto the living room cat tree so I could get a picture of the icy tree branches (I always think those are so pretty) with a cat in the picture too. That's what the toy is doing next to him; it was the lure.
Colby's never seen ice before.

No comments:

Post a Comment