Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Granting a Request

The coolest thing happened this morning as I was getting ready to leave for work. Thimble was stretched out on the floor, calm and happy; Colby wanted to rough-house with Apricot, but Apricot kept disengaging, indicating he didn't want to. Colby wasn't getting the point.

As I was giving them each their goodbye kisses, when I came to Thimble I asked him, "Would you mind indulging your brother? He wants to play rough but I don't think Apricot wants to."

Seconds later, as I was just about to press the de-alarm button on the alarm panel in order to be able to go out the door, Thimble and Colby came by in a rough-house tumble, with Thimble clearly the instigator.

And Apricot was watching with a look of relief.

I was quite blown away. First, Thimble had understood what I asked him to do, and second, he'd actually done it. So awesome to be able to make polite requests of your cats and have those requests considered and, if they feel like it, granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment