Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Allergies Ahoy; Woe Is Me

Three's the perfect number,
We all agree,
Colby, Apricot, Thimble and me.
Only my allergies disagree. 

the perfect three

Yup. I have cat allergies. I actually forgot, since they aren't bad and with just one cat, I never noticed them. Even with three cats I didn't notice, until two of those cats got considerably bigger--thus more fur, thus more washing, thus more of the protein in their saliva that we're actually allergic to as humans in the air of the house.

So, what with the pollen count outside being through the roof, and the cat allergies inside, I have been exhausted and barely functioning. Thus the lack of posts.

The cats have noticed. Apricot and Colby are concerned that this lessening of attention I have for them is somehow their fault, and want me to reassure them that they are okay and are good boys.

Thimble, on the other hand, is quite the confident fellow. He feels sure that no one could ever dislike him in the slightest, no matter what he does (including jump on the kitchen counter while I'm standing right there, and he knows he's not supposed to). So Thimble is not looking for reassurance.

Thimble, bless his sweet heart, is trying to reassure me. He knows I'm feeling down and unhappy because of it, and he wants to cheer me up. So he has been randomly bringing me his toys. He doesn't want to play fetch. That would be bringing a toy to me for him. He's bringing these toys for me.

Every few days he'll show up where I'm sitting (or lying down) on the settee, a soft plush toy in his mouth. Somehow he knows I like stuffed animal toys the best. He brought me his pink mouse all the way from the other end of the house the other day.

And honestly, even Apricot and Colby wanting reassured is helpful, too, because it lets me know they still love me despite my inactivity.

I'm just so tired. This week is going to be even worse. My allergy testing appointment is next Monday, and I'm not allowed to use antihistamines from yesterday till then. Since I made this appointment due to the antihistamines no longer taking care of all the allergies ... let's just say it's kinda hard to breathe. I sit around a lot. Which is not so much fun for two active kittens.

But at least the HEPA air filters I got (ow, the expense!) are helping me breathe at all.

And my concerned kitties are helping me deal with the anxiety of having difficulty breathing. So it's all good. Or will be, eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment