Friday, August 14, 2015

In Which Thimble Is Startled By a Sneeze

This is what happens when you sneeze unexpectedly while Thimble was fishing for food.

You see, he likes to put a giant paw in, grab a food kernel, and scoop it out onto the floor before eating it. I don't know exactly where he got the idea, but I think it may have been from watching Colby have such fun with the treat balls and not being allowed to play with the treat balls. (Colby took over the first one I got. So I got another one. That one became Colby's exclusive toy as well. I gave up.) The treat balls roll around (when pushed by kitty paws) and occasionally drop a piece of food on the floor. I think this is Thimble's version of a the treat ball dispensing a food piece on the floor.

He was right in the middle of scooping up a food bit when I sneezed. I had my back turned, so I didn't see him flip the bowl, but when I turned around, there he was, a bit astonished but quite pleased at the result. (He was cleaning up very nicely after himself even before I helped.)

Luckily this did not teach him how to flip the bowl on purpose, since he hasn't done it since.

No comments:

Post a Comment