Friday, October 7, 2016

Apricot Shows How It's Done

And I don't have a picture.

Sorry.

My sister came to visit. It's taken Apricot a while to be okay with her, but this time he came out even before the next day after her arrival, which was really cool. And now once he comes out, he stays out, and interacts with me like normal and usually gives her a fairly wide berth (just in case, mind you).

Except when she's doing her stretching exercises. My sister does way more stretching exercises than I do. She practically ties herself in knots. And unties herself and redoes another knot. I told her that the phrase is "does anybody want to be a stretchy kitty?" because that is what I ask when I do my (far simpler) stretching routine before I go to bed.

Colby is my normal stretchy kitty but they usually all show up. Her saying it let them know what she was planning to do and let them know not to be alarmed when the human started doing weird things.

Sophia, my sister, must use the living room for her stretches because, well, she stretches out all over the place. I do mine in the bedroom. So there was that difference, to start with.

And Apricot likes to hang out in the living room.

He came down from whatever perch he was on and wandered around her, getting closer and closer, watching her. He seemed very baffled.

After a while of her convoluted stretching antics, he made sure she was watching him and then did the classic cat stretch, front paws out, shoulders down, shoulders rolling back up as the back part stretches out, and then the back feet drawn under the body again.

He looked back over his shoulder at her. "Did you get that?" his body language asked her quite plainly.

Sophia started giggling. "Apricot's trying to show me the proper way to stretch!" she said.

The next day she did her routine again. Apricot saw her, gave his little kitty sigh (it looks like a shoulder shrug) and went over and demonstrated again  how to do it properly. Sophia was commiserated with him about how dense she was in not getting it right and explained that he was just going to have to keep showing her until she got it.

So every time she stretched, Apricot would go over and stretch, once, too, demonstrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment