Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Just How Long Is He, Anyway?

I don't remember when this happened, and I don't have photographic proof to give me a date because, well, my hands were both occupied and not with the phone, either.

At some point during the past two months, we were playing wand toy as we do every night. I had apparently not washed my hands quite sufficiently after supper, because Thimble was fascinated with them. He wanted to smell them.

And I wasn't cooperating (because I hadn't noticed. Thimble-after-the-wand-toy, when I'm holding it, looks the same as Thimble-after-my-hand).

I had the wand toy end in one hand, and the other hand was resting at my waist, just in midair, with my elbow bent at ninety degrees. I often hold my hands like that. I don't know why.

But this meant that the hand that wasn't moving around was at my waist. Not my hip. I'm five foot six inches, and I have long legs, which means my waist is pretty far from the ground.

So I was extremely startled when Thimble rears up on his hind legs, extends himself up into the air, keeps coming up, and puts one front paw on my waist to steady himself, while the other paw hooks around my empty hand's wrist and pulls it over to himself. He then sniffed my fingers for a while, took a lick or two, and dropped back down to the floor.

Luckily I'd managed to hold still in my startlement, so I hadn't knocked him down or anything.

I'm still amazed. I live with him so I should know how big he is, but I hadn't realized he was that long. It blew my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment