Thursday, January 1, 2015

The Black Cat Visits and Thimble is a Computer Cat

I'm not sure why this never occurred to me. Somehow I thought that once I provided indoor friends for Apricot, his outdoor friends would not show up, or he wouldn't pay them any attention, or something like that. Which is silly; of course they'd still show up, and Apricot isn't fickle with his attentions so he's not going to throw them over just because he's finally begun to feel his way toward the beginning of friendship with Thimble and Colby.

I heard a cat, sounded almost like a cat in heat, but I really don't know all the different sounds a cat in heat makes, so perhaps not. However, the cat in black is now going to be referred to as Apricot's girlfriend. Just in case.

Shortly after this calling, which alerted Apricot, the black cat showed up on the porch. Apricot ran over to the patio doors and was very fascinated, staring intently at the black cat. The outside cat, not particularly bothered by the attention, stayed around for a little while and then slowly strolled off, causing Apricot to follow from one window to the next.

Colby and Thimble clearly thought he'd lost his mind, as suddenly they weren't the most important things for Apricot to keep track of.

Oh well, I suppose we will all get used to things like this.

***

Thimble is a computer cat. I am typing, and he is on the desk beside the laptop, watching the screen or my flying fingers with much fascination. He's getting a little tired, or perhaps hypnotized, I don't know. Last night he got rather damp from being spritzed to keep him from walking on the keyboard. Today he has gotten within a hair's width of walking on the keyboard but hasn't actually done it.
The mouse on the screen: endless amusement.
Even if he can't try to catch it.

Today is Colby's turn to get wet because he kept playing with the wires underneath the desk. Colby doesn't seem interested enough in what I'm doing to stay here for long, but as I've noted before, Colby has a bad case of Kitten ADHD.

It's kind of nice having Thimble here getting in my way. I remember that Pippin used to do this, and it's something I'd actually forgotten up until now.

No comments:

Post a Comment