Monday, October 6, 2014

An Errant Toy

Saturday morning (the 4th of Oct) I was in the process of cleaning the house and washing clothes.

There, in the fountain for Apricot to drink out of, was bobbing one of his toys. It was one of the little fuzzy stuffed balls that have a string attached so you can hang it from the underside of the cat trees.

I believe this was the one I'd hung on the underside of the living room cat tree by the window, as a good swat to it would have sent it in the correct direction to land in the fountain. I don't think Apricot did it on purpose. He's never tried to wash his toys before (unlike some cats!).

So I fished the toy out of the fountain and squeezed the water out of it over the sink, and then sent it through the dryer with the rest of my clothes. It came out none the worse for wear. Although the entire incident reminded me of my mom washing my stuffed Winnie-the-Pooh multiple times (I dragged it everywhere with me when I was a toddler, getting it dirty a lot) and it getting all stiff in the stuffing. I hope Apricot doesn't toss his toy in the drink too many times or it might get the same way!

No comments:

Post a Comment