Sunday, October 26, 2014

Apricot's Tummy & A Window Picture

I like being able to pet kitty tummies. First, because they're soft and warm and fluffy and awesome, but also, it's important to be able to touch a cat all over, in case you need to inspect for injury or sickness. And to me, it's a sign of his trust in me.

So I've been trying to get Apricot used to having his tummy petted. Normally I can get in one or two pets before he curls up into play-cat mode.

Part of what I've been doing is telling him how irresistible I find his tummy and how I just love kitty tummies. Suiting words to actions, if he lies down and displays tummy, I always stop and pet him, with an emphasis on trying to get the tummy petting in.

Well, I'm not making much progress. Still only one or two (but we're more likely to get two these days, so that's some progress!) pets per time.

On the other hand, Apricot has learned a new way to lure me to pet him.
The Tummy Lure -- notice the disapproval of the photo being taken.
He'll lie down like this, prominently in my view, and then when I lean down to pet his tummy, he'll roll over so I can't reach it ... but I can reach the rest of him. Silly boy!
You see the self-satisfied smirk because
he got me to sit down next to him and pet him.
---

This afternoon he got me to go into the pink bedroom (the guest bedroom that Sophia had been in) and while I sat on the floor and played with my phone, he launched up onto the cat tree and looked out. 

Despite his dislike of having his picture taken, I was able to get a nice photo of his concentrated gaze out the window. I had to take the picture without getting up, thus the angle!
Interesting kitty tv today.
There is an electric line outside the window
and the birds often sit on it, making this
a better perch than I realized when
I decided to put a cat tree here.

No comments:

Post a Comment