Friday, December 5, 2014

Apricot Cuddles

Tonight I was sitting on the settee, typing an email to a friend on the laptop. Apricot jumped into the hammock beside the settee and curled up. This made me quite happy. He was being with!

So you can imagine I was over the moon when he got up, came over the edge of the settee and made as if to curl up beside me. But the computer mouse was in his way, and apparently the other side where the extra blanket was looked even more attractive. (I had a blanket over my lap, but it's wider than I am, so the rest of it was on my left, and the computer mouse on my right since I'm right-handed.)

He asked with his eyes, and I indicated that sure he could crawl across me with a hand held at petting height, which he took advantage of on his way across my lap. Then he lay down on the blanket next to me, stretched out with his head against my hip, his back end and tail at the edge of the settee seat.

And when I started typing again and my elbow was in his way, he stretched out even further, rolling over half onto his back with his head against the back of the settee and one arm curled around mine. At this point he started that loud, rumbling purr I love so much.

He stayed there for a half an hour, purring the whole time. His paw wrapped around my arm stayed there in various positions; sometimes curled tight against my arm, sometimes lying loose against my hip.

It's moments like this that I wish could last forever.

PS. No, I don't have a picture of this. You know how he feels about cameras. And somehow he managed to pin the phone in the pocket on the side he was sleeping/purring on, so I wouldn't have been able to get it without disturbing him anyway! I think it was by design.

No comments:

Post a Comment