Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Movie Watching (and Random Things)

I'm writing this Tuesday mid-day, but it's about last night's event, so I put that I was writing it early this morning. You can change the publish time like that.

Last night I got one of my dearest wishes.

I decided to try to watch a movie after supper, in the hopes that this would lure one or both kittens in with me and leave Apricot the house while still having them "loose."

Colby never showed up.

Thimble, on the other hand, came in, and jumped up on the sofa with me. After some negotiation which involved Thimble invoking his mother and trying to play with my hair (I leaned forward, same as I do when Apricot tries to groom my hair, and that put an end to that), Thimble settled down on my lap, curled up against me, and fell asleep.

He stayed there through the whole movie.

I have wanted this so badly. Apricot's short jaunts as a lap cat were nice, but this is what I wanted. Long term, warm purring weight in my lap. Thimble made me so content that I honestly don't remember much of the movie!

***

So both kittens have figured out the fountain and how to drink from it without becoming unnecessarily wet.

A kick-toy that I got way back when Pippin was a kitten is finally being put to its intended use. Both Colby and Thimble have figured out you grab the fluffy tail of it and kick the stuffed body part hard. And sometimes the kitten doing the rabbit-kicking gets pounced on by the other kitten, and things deteriorate into an all-out fight from there.

I wonder if they'll ever actually fight with each other. I worried about being able to tell play-fight from real, but so far, it's easy. Their playfights never last long and are always silent.

I've had to use the spray bottle already. Mostly on Thimble. There have been attempts to scratch the chair by both kittens, and Thimble had a love affair with the sheer curtain that's pinned back so they can see out either side. He hasn't shown any signs of wanting to play with it today.

And apparently yesterday's play for four hours wasn't always the way things go, because today they settled down after three, and fell asleep in my lap. Thimble always is the one closest to me and Colby the one farther down my legs, and Thimble is always the one on top, because to fit they have to overlap a bit.
I let Colby slide down between my knees a bit
so he wasn't quite so squashed.


No comments:

Post a Comment