Sunday, November 23, 2014

In Which I Fix a Picture Frame and Apricot is Okay

Last Friday I was so tired from work that when I was home I wasn't too precise in my motions. This ended up in me somehow lifting a picture frame off its hook on the wall and having it fall, crash, to the floor in the bathroom.

Apricot, like most cats, thinks bathroom time is fascinating and likes to hang out while I'm in there. So he was right there when the picture fell. He skittered off, quite startled, but came back almost at once. I apologized wearily for making startling noises, and was in the process of picking up the picture frame.

Luckily this picture frame is one I got after I learned the hard way that if you are using a command adhesive picture frame hook to keep your picture on the wall, you do not get glass. So it's either the unbreakable glass or a clear glass-like plastic in this frame, I forget which, but it didn't break.

The frame, on the other hand, had a weird thing where one side of it appeared to be coming off. Later, sitting on the settee, having had my supper and rested a bit, I was actually able to take it apart, figure out what had happened in the fall, and fix it. I was quite proud of myself. I hardly ever am able to fix things like that and end up having to spend money to buy a new one.

While I was examining it (and fixing it) on the settee, Apricot came over and checked me (and it) out from the floor, and seemed quite okay with it all. I was rather expecting him to see the thing-that-made-sudden-noise in my hands and decide the other end of the living room might be a good place to be right now. But he didn't. Treated me just like he does when I've got the laptop in my lap.
This happened at another time.
He decided to see if the settee arm
would work for being there. I think
he decided it was too narrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment